Brighton Fits Into The Entry Level Custom Category
Characteristics of Cabinets in Entry Level Custom Category
- Clear quality step up with expanded options over national semi-custom brands (like Master Brands or Masco)
- Custom color matches
- Custom sizes
- “You design we build” – with limitations
- Expanded wood species offering that goes beyond “typical”. Lyptus, Red Birch, Walnut, Quarter Sawn Oak etc., plus the more standard woods — Oak, Maple, Cherry.
- Better quality finishes than semi-custom. They look deeper with less “junk” in top coat
- They’re good but not great at wood selection. Not as choosy in selecting out sap, etc.
- Typically use 2020 Technologies for pricing and design
- Less production driven than semi-custom, but more production oriented than Elite custom
- Customer service staff better informed and interactive than semi-custom
- Usually comes from mid-west (IL, IN, MN)
- Priced 0-20% more than semi-custom, depending on finish and wood species